Monday, May 10, 2010

Parts Failure...



...lets face it. Its has happened since you first got a shity second hand complete BMX and its still happening now. Wether it be a severely inconvenient flat or snake bite or something a bit more serious. Breaking any bike part (or body part) is a daily risk. Get used to it. Below is probly the worst one I ever had and is luckily well documented...

That ear spiking bang you can here is both drop outs on my year old s&m pitchfork xlts snapping straight off. Not good timing. HAA.


This bad boy happend on sunday at Jelly. Just a mellow sunday ride. Felt my pedal was a bit wonky when I was riding home, looked down and this little bugger was smiling at me. I opened her up a bit bigger for the photo. But had I not checked it and kept on riding it could have been a pretty crappy and sore ending to a part failure story. These cranks are ment to some of the most nuggety out there.


I saw this ages ago and It fully blew my mind. Any way kids.

Check your shit! Regular!

3 comments:

  1. lucky it wasnt like eddys and snap and stab you in the leg and have to take rat poison so he didnt get a blood clot and have a stroke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnarly part failure there bro, good work spotting it before it got ya! People give me heaps about my clean bike but giving it a quick wipe down is sometimes when you spot damage before it damages you! Ride safe boiii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea. I hate broken parts. The weekend just been I cracked my frame in 3 places and snapped my forks :-(. Just randomly too. doing nothing big. I got a big list of parts I've broken lol.
    Fly cranks around pedal boss. fly pedals like right in half. demolition cassette lost all its teeth. proper hub shell snapped in half. fly rim snapped at join. subrosa forks steering tube. metal frame brake mount. superstar frame in 6 places. Thats just bike parts Bones list is too big.

    ReplyDelete